The November 12, 2023, edition of SEOFOMO is here! Now with +29.9K Subscribers 📮
[If you want to read SEOFOMO on the Web click here]
🗞️ Search Updates and News from Search Engines
The (Last To Be Announced) Google Reviews Update Is Here
Google Search Central / Google Algorithm Updates
Google released the November 2023 reviews update, which will be improved on a regular and ongoing basis from now on and, hence, no longer update us about future updates on the status dashboard.
Generative AI In Search Expands To More Than 120 New Countries And Territories
Hema Budaraju / Google Search Updates
Google's SGE gets its largest international expansion yet, adding support for four new languages and bringing other helpful new upgrades, too.
How To Find Holiday Shopping Deals On Google
Danielle Buckley / Google Search Updates
See deals from across the web in a new destination on Google Search. Plus, save products, track prices and get price insights in Chrome and Search.
Google page experience report updated in Search Console
Barry Schwartz / Google Product Updates
Google has updated the page experience report in Google Search Console to show more of an informational page, with links to the same reports.
Google’s Holiday 100 Guide Reveals Top Trending Gift Searches
Matt G. Southern / Google Search Trends
Google unveils holiday shopping features including a deals hub and gift idea list based on trending searches.
5 Reasons for Using Google Search Console [Video]
Google Search Central / SEO Made Easy
In this episode of SEO Made Easy, Martin Splitt unveils five essential features of the tool, from understanding page visibility in search results to integrating with other analytics platforms and more.
Custom GPTs Now Available For All ChatGPT Plus, Enterprise Subscribers
Kristi Hines / ChatGPT Updates
Sam Altman has announced the availability of custom GPTs for all ChatGPT Plus users. Custom GPTs can be created and tailored by users for a variety of specific tasks.
No, ChatGPT isn’t stealing Google’s search market share
Danny Goodwin / ChatGPT Trends
Any impact of ChatGPT on Google's search dominance is overblown at this point, as ChatGPT only has 2% of Google's monthly traffic.
[Sponsor / Affiliate]
⚡ Topic Clusters and Pillar Pages: What They Are & Why They Matter [Free Template]
Struggling to distinguish between topic clusters, pillar pages, hubs, and spokes? You’re not alone.
That's why Conductor has put together an in-depth article on this very topic! They go over the differences, best practices, SEO benefits, successful examples and more! And you know the best thing?
It includes a free template to help you set your content strategy up for success!
|Check out the guide and steal our template|
👌 This week's SEO Awesomeness
How to Generate Top-Shelf Content with Budget Constraints
Melissa Popp / Content Optimization
Discover proven strategies to create high-quality content on a budget and tight deadlines. Learn with Melissa how to turn constraints into opportunities for growth and innovation.
Language Inclusivity in Multilingual SEO
Veruska Anconitano / International SEO
Veruska explores a handful of language theories and shares some practical strategies to help you integrate inclusive language into your digital content.
SEO Is Down, Help! A Guide To Diagnosing SEO Traffic Drops
Ryan Jones / General SEO
Unravel the mystery behind your declining SEO traffic. Answer these questions to identify issues and change your site's organic search traffic trend.
Google's One Stop Shop SERP
Dominic Woodman / Technical SEO
Dominic explains how Google wants the searchers' journey on Google and the recent shifts of ecommerce search results towards that goal.
Google Business Profile: The new suspension appeal process
Sherry Bonelli / Local SEO
Learn how to navigate the revamped process and provide the right documents and evidence for a successful reinstatement.
Harnessing Generative AI for SEO and Content Success - Whiteboard Friday [Video]
Alisa Scharf / Content Optimization
Unlock the potential of generative AI for SEO and content success with Alisa's Whiteboard Friday.
Location Page Strategies for SEO Success
Semrush / Local SEO
Location pages help businesses to enhance their local online visibility. Discover the SEO best practices to enhance your location page optimization.
Will it blend? Methods to level up your reporting using Looker Studio [Presentation]
Dana DiTomaso / SEO Measurement
In this presentation, Dana shares some of her most useful Looker Studio functions that make blending a breeze, plus example blends that you can start using right away to help you make better marketing decisions.
Building Data That Grows With You [Presentation]
Sam Torres / SEO Measurement
Sam shares useful top tips to build a scalable measurement program to get the right data you can trust without wading through the fluff.
SEO and Climate Change [Survey]
Matt Tutt / SEO Industry
Matt has created a survey for SEOs with the goal of raising awareness of the carbon emissions generated within the industry and gathering input from the SEO community so we can together make better, more informed decisions. Participate now and get the chance to win amazing prizes.
[Sponsor / Affiliate]
⚡ New SGE featured snippet by SE Ranking: Be the first to test it out
Everyone has been excited since Google dropped the news about SGE, and we're feeling it too. We've been working hard to ensure that you can use our platform to track how your projects appear in SGE’s featured snippet. And guess what? We've got this feature in beta!
What's this feature all about?
Our AI-powered Overview feature is designed to identify instances when Google generates an SGE featured snippet using specific keywords and records its appearance in the SERP. It also tracks changes in the SERP, enabling you to monitor the history and alterations of SGE snippets.
We want to make sure you have tools that quickly adapt to every challenge the SEO world can throw at you.
If you want to be one of the early birds to try out our new SGE-focused feature, just fill out the form and join our waiting list.
|Join the Waitlist Now|
💸 Latest SEO Jobs
- SEO Expert & Brand Ambassador at Clearscope
- Product Marketer/Content Strategist - US at Growth Plays
- Part-Time Senior SEO Manager at Overdot
- SEO Lead at Pitchup
- Digital PR Specialist at A1 SEO
- Senior SEO Manager (f/m/x) at Auto1 Group
- Senior Growth marketer at CXL
- Director of SEO at CI Web Group
- Senior SEO Strategist at Power Digital Marketing
- Content Manager, Customer Support at Pento
Do you want your SEO job to be featured here for free? Just send it over here!
🛠 Free(mium) SEO Tools
Today's SEOFOMO SEO tools section is dedicated to the SEO GPTs that have been released since their announcements! Check them out:
SEO Mentor: An SEO mentor aligned with Google's best practices
SEO assistant over ChatGPT with all the information from Google's Quality Guidelines and Google Search Central. It will help you in your day-to-day with answers from the official documentation.
Content Helpfulness and Quality SEO Analyzer
This SEO assistant helps you evaluate your web content helpfulness, relevance, and quality for your targeted queries based on Google's guidelines vs the one of your competitors.
High-Quality Review Analyzer
Analyses and gives actionable feedback on web review type content using Google's Reviews System guidelines and Google's Quality Rater Guidelines
The LearningSEO.io SEO Teacher
Friendly SEO expert teacher who will help you to learn SEO using reliable learningseo.io resources.
GA4 BigQuery Composer
SQL query assistant for GA4, focusing on efficient, precise queries.
Looking for more SEO Tools? Take a look at the recently launched SEOFOMO SEO Toolbox!
🎙️ Upcoming SEO Events
Barbados SEO: Advanced SEO & Digital Marketing Conference
Barbados SEO / Barbados / November 15-17, 2023
For the second year, BBSEO is bringing an amazing group of speakers to talk at the highest level on their respective sectors within SEO and Digital Marketing in general.
International Search Summit Barcelona
International Search Summit / Barcelona, Spain / November 16, 2023
The International Search Summit is the only event dedicated entirely to international search marketing topics and challenges, and coming back in the next few days.
Search London: Supercharge Your GA4 Reports and Collaboration Tips to Make us Better SEOs
Search London / London, UK / November 28, 2023
Learn how to customize your GA4 reports and the ways collaboration with other departments can strengthen your SEO content and strategy with Kyle Rushton McGregor, Sofia Tyson and more.
Do you want your SEO event to be featured here for free? Just send it over here!
🎥 Learn SEO For Free with the LearningSEO.io Accelerator Q&As Videos
Watch all of the LearningSEO.io Accelerator Q&A sessions so far embedded on the Website home page now:
Subscribe to the LearningSEO.io YouTube channel and don't miss out on future editions about executing an SEO process, technical SEO, link building, and more!
🎁 Planning a Black Friday SEO Deal? Get Featured on SEOFOMO's Black Friday
SEOFOMO is planning a special section for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, featuring the best deals for SEOs in the newsletter and on the SEOFOMO hub.
Is your tool or service offering a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal for SEOs? Get featured for free.
|Submit your Black Friday Deal Now|
🙌 SEOs & Digital Marketers to Follow
Follow these awesome SEOs who have lately published useful guides and resources or given great presentations at events:
- Caitlin Hathaway (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Content Strategist at MVF
- Melissa Popp (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Content Strategy Director at RicketyRoo
- Natzir Turrado (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), International, Strategic & Technical SEO Consulting
- Ciara Serrano (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Head of Online Marketing at Urlaubstracker
- Dominic Woodman (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Founder at Piped Out
⚡ Participate in the SEOFOMO 30K Giveaway and Win Free Access to 15 SEO Tools & Resources
A new SEOFOMO giveaway is here to celebrate that the newsletter is about to reach 30,000 subscribers with the chance to win amazing SEO prizes for all of those who are subscribed and help the newsletter achieve this big subscriber milestone. This time there will be a single big winner of 15 useful SEO tools and resources!
What can you win?
The big winner of the SEOFOMO 30K giveaway will get the following awesome prizes thanks to the wonderful giveaway sponsors:
- SEOTesting is giving 1 Team Lifetime SEOTesting Subscription to Track 5 sites.
- Sitebulb is giving a 1 Small Cloud Server subscription for 6 months.
- Screaming Frog is giving a 1 year SEO Spider license.
- AlsoAsked is giving a 3 months of a Pro account.
- Advanced Web Ranking is giving an AWR PRO license for 6 months.
- Adam Gent from the SEO Case Study Database is giving 1 Free Access to it.
- SE Ranking is giving a 6 months of Pro 1000 account, 100 extra articles for the Content Marketing tool and a demo by the success team. The winner will also have access to the SE Ranking Academy during this period.
- Quattr is giving a 6 months Free Access of the Individual Plan.
- Keyword Insights is giving a 20% off a monthly subscription for the first 5 months or Get 20% off an annual subscription. (First-time customers only, monthly or annual subscription only, to be used by a single customer).
- Semrush is giving a free 6 months Pro access.
- Ahrefs is giving a free 6 Months Access to a Lite Account.
- Kyle Rushton from KRMDigital UK’s School is giving a 1 person lifetime access to the GA4 course.
- Keywords in Sheets is giving 52,500 credits to use Keywords in Sheets.
- Wordlift is giving a lifetime subscription for the SEO Addon for Google Spreadsheet (which includes also the new features, the Content Expander) and Business Plan for 6 months (which includes also the SEO Addon).
- Speetals is giving a Basic plan for 1 year.
How can you participate?
You can participate to win all of these prizes by:
- Being an SEOFOMO subscriber. You're likely one if you're reading this but if you're not yet a subscriber you can do it here.
- Referring at least 2 people to subscribe to SEOFOMO from September 28, 2023 (date in which the newsletter has 28.4K subscribers) until the newsletter reaches 30,000 subscribers by using the SEOFOMO referral system that you can find at the bottom of the newsletter, where a unique link to share SEOFOMO is provided for each of you, and that will be used to keep track of the subscribers you send.
When SEOFOMO reaches the 30K subscribers I will randomly choose the one big winner among those who are subscribed and have referred at least 2 subscribers between September 28, 2023 and the date the newsletter reaches the 30K subscribers.
Please, don’t try to cheat by sending fake referrals. I will identify and won’t take into consideration not real “human” subscribers. I reserve the right to block those who I find cheating.
Do you have any questions or doubts? Just let me know through this form.
Subscribe and refer SEOFOMO to win the SEOFOMO 30K Giveway!
🔭 More Digital Marketing News & Jobs? Read and Subscribe to MarketingFOMO
If you're looking to stay updated on other digital marketing areas beyond SEO, take a look at MarketingFOMO, the sister weekly newsletter of SEOFOMO, with +1.8K subscribers, featuring the latest in content marketing, digital PR, social media, paid search and more!
|Subscribe to MarketingFOMO For Free|
💙 Refer SEOFOMO to your Friends & Win Rewards
If you enjoy reading SEOFOMO, refer it to your SEO and digital marketing friends and win awesome (now updated) rewards with the SEOFOMO rewards program:
- Refer 2 Subscribers: Get a shout-out on Twitter from Aleyda, thanking your support
- Refer 5 Subscribers: Get featured in the "Supporters" thank you section in an edition of #SEOFOMO
- Refer 15 Subscribers: Get access to 3 Actionable (exclusive) SEO How-Tos / Tips Videos
- Refer 35 Subscribers: Get a free copy of The SEO Playbook by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 70 Subscribers: Get free access to the Google Search Console Mastery Course by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 100 Subscribers: Get a 1 hour SEO 1-1 Hangout with Aleyda, 1 SEOFOMO Mug and an SEOFOMO Hoodie
- Refer 500 Subscribers: Get a 2 hours SEO Q&A with Aleyda and an SEOFOMO Backpack
Here's your unique link to share #SEOFOMO: [RH_REFLINK GOES HERE]
Or share via: Twitter | Whatsapp | LinkedIn | Facebook | Email
You currently have [RH_TOTREF GOES HERE] referrals! Check more about your referrals and rewards here.
Note: Only real human referrals will be counted toward the rewards, and there will be a validation if suspicious activity is detected.
👀 Do you have Feedback?
As usual, if you want to give me any heads up of worthy SEO resources to include next week, you want to be featured, sponsored or any feedback on anything to improve in SEOFOMO, just reply to this email and let me know.
Until next week, keep safe, and remember, don't have FOMO, with SEOFOMO you'll always have SEO awesomeness in your inbox.