The July 23, 2023, edition of SEOFOMO is here! Now with +27K Subscribers 📮
[If you want to read SEOFOMO on the Web click here]
🗞️ Search Updates & News from Search Engines
Visual Search Now Live in Bing Chat
Barry Schwartz / Bing Search Updates
Bing Chat now supports visual search, which means you can now upload a photo or take a picture and have Bing Chat respond with answers around those visuals.
Catch the Top 3 SEO Updates for July [Video]
Google Search Central / Google Search Updates
John Mueller shares the top 3 updates in July across search, clarifying how Google uses Core Web Vitals, update to the rich result test allowing code editing, and more.
Google Merchant Center: How To Build Trust With Your Customers
Barry Schwartz / Google Merchant Center
Google has shared a new document in the Google Merchant Center area on how to build trust with your customers using your business identity, transparency, online reputation, and professional design.
Google’s Statement on the NY Times Story About Potential AI-Enabled Tools for News Publishers
Google Communications / Google Search Product Updates
"In partnership with news publishers, especially smaller publishers, we’re in the earliest stages of exploring ideas to potentially provide AI-enabled tools to help journalists with their work."
Google’s Mueller To Those Who Create Fake Personas: You’re Deluding Yourselves
Roget Montti / Google Search Q&A
Google's John Mueller clears the air about publishers who try to fool Google with fake personas and LinkedIn profiles
Google confirms related search operator is going away
Barry Schwartz / Google Search Q&A
Danny Sullivan, Google’s Search Liaison, confirmed via Twitter the related search operator is going away, saying: “It hasn’t really worked that well for some time".
Let’s Pick a Domain Name [Podcast]
Google Search Central / Search Off the Record
In this episode of Search Off the Record, John, Gary, and Martin help you choose the best top-level domain for you and your website, and and share if a custom one makes a difference in search engines.
⚡ Organic Traffic Industry Benchmarks
Are you lagging behind the competition?
Comparing your website’s organic performance to the latest SEO industry benchmarks is a great way to see how you measure up and helps contextualize YTD data and adapt to hit your numbers for the year!
👌 This week's SEO Awesomeness
Evergreen SEO Tactics for SMBs: From Setup To Maintenance
Itamar Blauer / General SEO
For small to medium-sized businesses operating on tight resources, identifying when an opportunity is worth the investment is critical. Itamar explains how to do it.
Core Web Vitals: Real User Metrics vs. Lab Data
Jamie Indigo / Technical SEO
Learn with Jamie the difference between real user and lab data in Google's Core Web Vitals and how to use them to improve your site's page experience.
Robots.txt is Not the Answer: Proposing a New Meta Tag for LLM/AI
Fili Wiese / Technical SEO
Using robots.txt for managing data usage in LLMs is the wrong approach in this new age of generative AI products. Fili explains why.
How To Succeed In Google Discover
Abby Hamilton / General SEO
Google Discover is a mobile experience that helps users find info they didn’t know they needed. Here’s how to use it for your brand.
Four Simple Tips for Writing Great SEO Tickets
Gus Pelogia / SEO Management
Gus shares 4 tips to write actionable tickets that facilitate your SEO tasks execution.
The Three Most Important SEO Skills That Can’t Really Be Taught, But Separate the Good SEOs From the Great Ones [Thread]
Lily Ray / SEO Careers
Lily shares how being curious, a self-starter and having critical thinking differentiate great SEOs.
Washington Post Shares SEO and Web Performance Guidelines
Danny Goodwin / News SEO
The Washington Post has shared a document outlining 'proven strategies and guidelines' around SEO and optimal site practices. Check it out.
How to Leverage ChatGPT with Code Interpreter to Identify Low-Hanging Fruit from an SEO Workbook [Thread]
Yours Truly / General SEO
You can leverage ChatGPT with Code Interpreter to identify low hanging fruit from an SEO Workbook (featuring the tech, content, link popularity and ranking metrics of a site). Here's how.
Essential GA4 Reports You Need To Measure Your SEO Campaigns
Corey Morris / SEO Measurement
Get familiar with GA4 reports and connect it to Google Search Console with this step-by-step guide.
How SEOs and UX Designers Can Work Better Together — Whiteboard Friday [Video]
Helen Pollitt / SEO Management
There are a lot of similarities between SEOs and UX designers, and we often have the same goals. Learn all about how SEOs and UX designers can work better together in this edition of Whiteboard Friday.
Competition Research for SEO: Concepts & Q&A - The Learning SEO Accelerator [Video]
LearningSEO.io / General SEO
Learn about the top criteria, main challenges, and recommendations for effective competition research for SEO in this session of the Learning SEO Accelerator Q&A with Jo Turnbull.
Nailing the SEO Side of Shifting eCommerce Inventory [Free Webinar]
Duda / Ecommerce SEO
Join Arsen Rabinovich and yours truly in this free Webinar in which we will go through the main criteria, do's and dont's and tips to effectively optimize ecommerce site inventory for organic search results.
Join Me at SEOday: August 3rd at CDMX [Event]
SEOday / SEO Events
Are you a Spanish speaking SEO looking to attend and in-person or online SEO event? Check out SEOday, the in-person and online event organized in Mexico City on August 3rd with some of the top SEOs and digital marketers in LaTam.
⚡ How Search Intelligence reacted to the Barbie movie and landed links in Indy 100, Yahoo News, MSN, and more for a Fashion Client
The Barbie event can be a goldmine for PR link building! The Search Intelligence team reacted to the Barbie movie and landed top-tier links for their Fashion client: Indy 100, Yahoo News, MSN, and over ten news outlets worldwide; showing the power of reactive stories.
This is how they've done it:
- They asked their client Boohoo to provide them with five tips about how you can Barbie-fy a wardrobe.
- Here are the items that they recommended people wear and use: Specific Textures and fabrics, the perfect handbag, statement shoes, cowboy hats, think pink.
- They explained in detail about each point from above in a nice email report.
Also, if you want a similar campaign with successful results for your company, get in touch with Search Intelligence here.
💸 Latest SEO Jobs
- Head of Growth - United Kingdom (Remote) at FATJOE
- Digital Marketing Manager at Pitchbox
- SEO/CRO Project Manager at Orbit Media Studios
- SEO Specialist at Terrayn
- Senior SEO Manager (Local SEO) at WPromote
- B2B SEO & CRO Technical Specialist at DirectiveGroup
- Editor, Search and Optimization at Gannett Co
- SEO Manager at GAMURS Group
- SEO Specialist at Stacklr
- Remote Digital Content Marketing Strategist - Canada at Brafton
- Remote UK SEO Manager at Lastminute
- SEO Manager at PriceLabs
- Head of SEO/SEO Lead (Global, News Media) at BeInCrypto
See more digital marketing and SEO jobs at the new SEOFOMO Job Pallet, curating the best SEO and Digital Marketing Jobs in top companies; whether remote, hybrid, or in-person.
Are you open to a new exciting role? Join the SEOFOMO Talent Collective, featuring SEOs & Digital Marketers open for job opportunities (with control over what details to share about your profile), to be matched with top companies looking to hire specialists.
🛠 Free(mium) SEO Tools
Screaming Frog SEO Spider Version 19: Segments, Visual Custom Extraction, and more
The latest version of the Screaming Frog SEO Spider (V. 19) includes several exciting new features, such as: Segments, Visual Custom Extraction, 3D Crawl Visualizations, Unified Config. These new features are nestled amongst a new GUI appearance, with a modernized look and feel. Try Version 19.0 Now.
Glimpse Chrome Extension: Google Trends Supercharged
See search volume in Google Trends, discover new trends, set Google Trends alerts, see the highest volume and fastest growing brands for a given product, and more.
Free SEO Agency Templates: Battle-Tested template Stack
The Blueprint Training
Get free access to a variety of templates: an SEO Proposal, SEO Services Agreement, SEO Project Plan, Keyword Gap Analysis, Content Brief Template, and more!
⚡ How Bibi the Link Builder does outreach to get high-quality backlinks for free
You know, being a link builder feels a lot like buying concert tickets sometimes. Just when you think you’ve found the perfect one, bam! They’re asking for your wallet, your watch, and possibly your firstborn just for a link back to your site.
Bibi, our backlink heroine, is throwing a wrench into that business model. She’s bypassing the paywall and scoring those high-quality backlinks without cracking her wallet.
🙌 The SEOFOMO's SEOs & Digital Marketers to Follow
Follow these amazing SEO podcasters:
- Olga Zarr (Twitter, LinkedIn), SEO consultant and host of SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY
- Isaline Muelhauser (Twitter, LinkedIn), International SEO consultant and host of the #WTSPodcast
- Areej AbuAli (Twitter, LinkedIn), SEO consultant & Founder of Crawlina and host of the #WTSPodcast
- Mordi Oberstein (Twitter, LinkedIn), Head of SEO Branding at Wix and host of SERP's Up SEO Podcast
- Crystal Carter (Twitter, LinkedIn), Head of SEO Communications and host of SERP's Up SEO Podcast
- Gael Breton (Twitter, LinkedIn), Founder of Authority Hacker and Host of The Authority Hacker Podcast
- Mark Webster (Twitter, LinkedIn), Co-Founder of Authority Hacker and Host of The Authority Hacker Podcast
- Erin Sparks (Twitter, LinkedIn), Founder of Site Strategics and Host of Edge of the Web
- Dan Shure (Twitter, LinkedIn), SEO Consultant & Evolving SEO Founder and Host of Experts on the Wire
- Sarah McDowell (Twitter, LinkedIn), SEO Manager at Captivate Audio and Host of The SEO Mindset podcast
- Tazmin Suleman (Twitter, LinkedIn), Life Coach and Host of The SEO Mindset podcast
- Daniel K Cheung (Twitter, LinkedIn), SEO Manager (APJ) at Adobe and Host of Dreading Sundays
- Shelley Walsh (Twitter, LinkedIn), SEO Content Strategist and Host of SEO Pioneers
💡 Get the Latest Non-SEO, Digital Marketing News, Guides & Tools Weekly with MarketingFOMO
If you like SEOFOMO and you’re looking to keep updated in other areas of digital marketing such as paid search, social media, influencer marketing, PR and more non-SEO digital marketing related news, guides and tools, subscribe to MarketingFOMO now.
MarketingFOMO is the new sister newsletter of SEOFOMO, with the same format and awesomeness, sent every Monday morning to your inbox, already with +1,500 subscribers after 20 editions!
⚡ Pre-Order the Google Search Console Mastery Course from Tomek Rudzki with a 50% Discount
Tomek Rudzki is about to launch the Google Search Console Mastery video course, the most advanced course on Google Search Console on the market. Tomek covers topics from beginners to advanced, including:
- Diagnosing traffic drops
- Fixing indexing problems
- Improving CTR
- As a bonus, Tomek includes additional PDFs, such as GSC FAQ, to answer the most common questions about GSC.
By preordering using the "SEOFomo" code, you can get it 50% cheaper now!
The GSC Master Video Course normal price will be 149 USD, but if you preorder by using the SEOFomo code, the price will be 74 USD. Hurry up though, you have until Thursday, July 28th 2023, when the preorder ends.
Those who preorder will get access to the course before August 16th (this is when the regular sale starts).
Also, if cannot afford to buy this course at this discounted price, Tomek is kindly offering financial aid for it. You just need to fill and send this form.
💙 Refer SEOFOMO to your Friends & Win Rewards
If you enjoy reading SEOFOMO, refer it to your SEO and digital marketing friends and win awesome (now updated) rewards with the SEOFOMO rewards program:
- Refer 2 Subscribers: Get a shout-out on Twitter from Aleyda, thanking your support
- Refer 5 Subscribers: Get featured in the "Supporters" thank you section in an edition of #SEOFOMO
- Refer 15 Subscribers: Get access to 3 Actionable (exclusive) SEO How-Tos / Tips Videos
- Refer 35 Subscribers: Get a free copy of The SEO Playbook by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 70 Subscribers: Get free access to the Google Search Console Mastery Course by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 100 Subscribers: Get a 1 hour SEO 1-1 Hangout with Aleyda, 1 SEOFOMO Mug and an SEOFOMO Hoodie
- Refer 500 Subscribers: Get a 2 hours SEO Q&A with Aleyda and an SEOFOMO Backpack
Here's your unique link to share #SEOFOMO: [RH_REFLINK GOES HERE]
Or share via: Twitter | Whatsapp | LinkedIn | Facebook | Email
You currently have [RH_TOTREF GOES HERE] referrals! Check more about your referrals and rewards here.
Note: Only real human referrals will be counted to the rewards, and there will be a validation if suspicious activity is detected.
👀 Do you have Feedback?
As usual, if you want to give me any heads up of worthy SEO resources to include next week, you want to be featured, sponsor or any feedback of anything to improve in SEOFOMO, just reply to this email and let me know.
Until next week, keep safe and remember, don't have FOMO, with SEOFOMO you'll always have SEO awesomeness in your inbox.