The August 27, 2023, edition of SEOFOMO is here! Now with +27.7K Subscribers 📮
[If you want to read SEOFOMO on the Web click here]
🗞️ Search Updates & News from Search Engines
Google releases August 2023 Broad Core Update
Barry Schwartz / Google Search Updates
Google announced that their August 2023 core update is now rolling out and may take up to two weeks to complete. This is the second Google core update of 2023.
Let's Talk Ranking Updates [Podcast]
Search Off the Record / Google Podcast
From changing ranking systems to updated documentation, the Google Search team discusses their holistic approach to SEO, ranking, and more!
The Comedy Of Errors
Google Search Central / Google Guidelines
In this illustrated short story Gary sheds some light on the different types of errors you see while browsing or optimizing sites: DNS, network, server, client.
CSV Files Added To List Of File Types Indexable By Google
Barry Schwartz / Google Search Updates
Google has updated the help document for file types indexable by Google to include Comma-Separated Values (.csv) in the list.
New Bing Chat Features Coming: Memory, Code Improvements & More Characters
Barry Schwartz / Bing Search Updates
Mikhail Parakhin, the CEO of Bing, hinted at these changes on Twitter/X.
Perplexity Announces AI Search Updates And Code Llama Chat
Kristi Hines / Perplexity Search Updates
Discover updates to Perplexity's AI search Copilot with GPT-3.5 Turbo fine-tuning and availability of Code Llama chat for developers.
⚡ Wix teams up with SE Ranking for 360° competitor insights
Wix has added yet another industry-leading SEO tool to its ever-expanding App Market. Insights from SE Ranking can now be accessed straight from the Wix dashboard—giving you a deep understanding of who your website is competing with for clicks.
👌 This week's SEO Awesomeness
Websites That Have Blocked OpenAI’s GPTBot - 1000 Website Study
Jonathan Gillham / Search Trends
Originality.ai analyzed the top 1000 websites worldwide to identify which sites are already blocking GPTBot.
SEO Work for Category Pages with results just in time for the holidays
Stephanie Briggs / Ecommerce SEO
With autumn approaching, it’s time to focus on lucrative SEO initiatives that can drive growth in time for the holiday season! Stephanie shares three frameworks for you to use.
Google News Surfaces: Terminology, Impact on Traffic and More
John Shehata / News SEO
This infographic by John simplifies and explains each news surface, their importance, what type of news, display, analytics tracking, performance tracking, and impact on Google Organic Search traffic.
Google’s New Core Web Vitals Metric: How To Improve Interaction To Next Paint (INP)
DebugBear / Core Web Vitals
Learn how Core Web Vitals are changing and what you can do to score well on Interaction to Next Paint (INP), Google’s new page experience metric.
Introduction to SEO in 2023 - How to Learn SEO and Rank Your Websites
Ryan Jones / General SEO
A useful resource from Ryan about how to learn SEO in 2023, the fundamentals and who should be learning about it in 2023 and beyond.
So... What does an SEO Product Manager do?
Gustavo Pelogia / SEO Careers
Gus explains what an SEO product manager does, how they spend most of their time building features, the day-to-day and insights to succeed.
The Top SEO Myths and How to Dispel Them [Video]
Crawling Mondays / General SEO
Learn about the most common SEO Myths, why are they still a thing, and how to dispel them to avoid issues, with guest SEOs Azeem Ahmad and Garrett Sussman.
Review Spam: Wipe Your Cheating Competitors Off The Map With This Strategy
Sam Knight / Local SEO
Learn how to identify cheating competitors who are buying fake reviews, report them to Google, and even the playing field.
Detailed Q: Analysing The SEO Playbook of Digital Goliaths In-Depth, Every Quarter
Glen Allsopp / SEO Trends
A brand new report in which Glen shares insights from the companies dominating search results and what they’re doing to stay ahead of the competition.
Content Fragmentation: The Quick and Easy Way to Content Ideation
Andy Chadwick / Content Optimization
Andy explains what's content fragmentation: a swift, no-fuss tactic to churn out fresh content ideas. He explains how to simplify your ideation process and boost your content game with it.
Map Your Keywords to the Buyer's Journey and User Intent — Whiteboard Friday [Video]
Rejoice Ojiaku / Keyword Research
Rejoice explains how to map your keywords to both the buyer’s purchasing journey and the relative user intent.
⚡ Take your SEO Analysis to The Next Level with The New Ahrefs Web Explorer
Web Explorer is a brand new tool from Ahrefs. It allows you to see the web through the eyes of a search engine.
You can run advanced searches using operators, and will soon be able to see what tech a site runs on and extract email addresses in "mailto" links and many more!
|Learn More About Web Explorer|
💸 Latest SEO Jobs
- SEO Specialist at Protolabs
- SEO Specialist (French) at Miro
- SEO Manager (Freelance/Contractor) at Zedge
- SEO Content Executive English Speaking at GA Agency
- SEO Strategist at Geeky Tech
- Growth Marketing Manager at Cube Dev
- SEO Specialist at SMB Team
- SEO Content Strategist at Silverback Strategies
- Senior SEO Manager at Raketech
- Content Marketing Manager at Lily AI
- SEO Strategist at Kisi
- SEO Executive (Off-Page) – iGaming at Finixio
- Senior SEO Offpage Manager (f/m/x) at iGaming
- Senior SEO Onpage Manager (f/m/x) at iGaming
Do you want your SEO job to be featured here for free? Just send it over here!
🛠 Free(mium) SEO Tools
GMB Everywhere - GBP Audit for Local SEO
View GMB categories, GMB Audits, Review audits, and Post audits. Spy, audit, and crush your GMB competitor with this Local SEO tool.
Conductor for Chrome - SEO Extension
Experience faster, better, smarter SEO insights in one click directly in your browser. The most advanced SEO extension is now free for all marketers.
Do you want your free or freemium SEO tool to be featured here for free? Just send it over here!
🎙️ Upcoming SEO Events
Empowering Women in Search: Navigating the Digital Landscape for Personal Branding and Success
Conductor / Online / August 29, 2023
Discover expert insights on navigating the search industry with Areej AbuAli, founder of Women in Tech SEO. Join the exclusive fireside chat to learn about personal branding, mentorship, and more!
Local SEO for Good LIVE
BrightLocal / Online / August 30-31, 2023
BrightLocal organizes an online event on August 30-31 with top-tier knowledge to support dozens of causes. Two days packed with hours of talks, Q&As, and panels. You won't want to miss it!
BrightonSEO UK & Fringe Conferences
BrightonSEO / In-Person and Online / September 14-15, 2023
The world's biggest search conference is back with its fall UK edition in Brighton, featuring talks covering content, technical, link building, and much more!
Do you want your free or freemium SEO event to be featured here for free? Just send it over here!
💡 This week's SEO Tip: Use these Resources to Spot and Recover from a Google Core Update
Google is rolling out a new core update! Unsure about how to identify if you've been affected and what to do about it? Here are a few resources to read and use:
- Identify if your site has been likely affected by Google's Core Updates with GSC Guardian Free Chrome Extension by Darwin Santos
- A few thoughts on Google core updates based on 15 yrs of studying and advising on Google algorithm/system changes. [Thread] by Dr. Marie Haynes
- What to do when hit by a Google Core Update - A flowchart by Aleyda Solis
- Google's Content Quality [E-EAT], Helpfulness and Page Experience Questions - A checklist to assess and improve your content by Aleyda Solis
Do you have an SEO question that you would like me to address with an SEO tip over here? Just send it over here!
🎥 Learn SEO For Free with the LearningSEO.io Accelerator Sessions
Are you learning SEO? Watch the latest free LearningSEO.io accelerator sessions for free featuring experienced SEO specialists answering the most common questions about each SEO topic and activity!
The SEO fundamentals track Q&A's sessions have been published and are ready to be watched, from the intro to SEO to link building, take a look:
- Introduction to SEO with Aleyda Solis
- Keyword Research with Andy Chadwick
- Competition Research with Jo Turnbull
- Content Optimization with Crystal Carter
- Technical Optimization with Geoff Kennedy
- Link Building with Bibi Raven
Subscribe to the LearningSEO.io YouTube channel and don't miss out on future editions about technical SEO, link building, and more!
🙌 SEOs & Digital Marketers to Follow
Let's follow the amazing SEOs featured at Digital E-A-T's, here are the latest published profiles:
- Ana Pérez (X/Twitter, LinkedIn, Digital E-A-T Profile), SEO Consultant
- Montserrat Cano (X/Twitter, LinkedIn, Digital E-A-T Profile), International SEO & Project Manager
- Daniel Cheung (X/Twitter, LinkedIn, Digital E-A-T Profile), SEO Manager at Adobe
- Ash Nallawalla (X/Twitter, LinkedIn, Digital E-A-T Profile), SEO Consultant and CEO of CRM911 Digital
- Veruska Anconitano (X/Twitter, LinkedIn, Digital E-A-T Profile), Multilingual SEO Consultant
And more! Take a look at more SEOs featured in Digital E-A-T's.
⚡ Two Accesses to Dana DiTomaso's Analytics for Agencies Online Course
Have you been struggling to communicate the great results you're getting to your clients? Then this SEOFOMO giveaway is for you!
Dana DiTomaso (president of Kick Point) has released a new in-depth online course called Analytics for Agencies that will teach you everything you need to know about selling and delivering analytics solutions:
- Streamline your approach to analytics, provide your team with effective training, and gain the skills needed to plan, set up, analyze, and optimize data-driven marketing strategies for your clients.
- Receive client-ready templates, plus a complete guide on GA4, Google Tag Manager, and Looker Studio!
The Analytics for Agencies online course has a cost of $979.00 USD, but you have the chance to win one of two accesses here.
How can you participate to win one of the two accesses to the Analytics for Agencies online course? You just need to:
- Be an SEOFOMO subscriber (which you'll likely be if you're reading this)
- Refer at least 2 people to subscribe to SEOFOMO from today August 27, 2023 until September 23, 2023 by using the SEOFOMO referral system that you can find at the bottom of the newsletter, where a unique link to share SEOFOMO is provided for each of you, and that will be used to keep track of the subscribers you send.
On September 24, 2023, I will randomly choose the two winners among those who are subscribed and have referred at least 2 subscribers between today August 27, 2023 and September 23, 2023.
I'll announce the winners over here in SEOFOMO, social media, and will get in touch via email with instructions to follow.
Please, don't try to cheat by sending fake referrals. I will identify and won't take into consideration not real "human" subscribers. I reserve the right to block those who I find cheating.
Do you have any questions or doubts? Just let me know by replying to this email.
Start referring SEOFOMO and participate now!
PS: If you don't want to wait, you can directly buy the Analytics for Agencies now with 10% off for being an SEOFOMO subscriber here.
🔭 More Digital Marketing News & Jobs? Read and Subscribe to MarketingFOMO
If you're looking to stay updated on other digital marketing areas beyond SEO, take a look at MarketingFOMO, the sister weekly newsletter of SEOFOMO, with +1.6K subscribers, featuring the latest in content marketing, digital PR, social media, paid search and more!
|Subscribe to MarketingFOMO For Free|
💙 Refer SEOFOMO to your Friends & Win Rewards
If you enjoy reading SEOFOMO, refer it to your SEO and digital marketing friends and win awesome (now updated) rewards with the SEOFOMO rewards program:
- Refer 2 Subscribers: Get a shout-out on Twitter from Aleyda, thanking your support
- Refer 5 Subscribers: Get featured in the "Supporters" thank you section in an edition of #SEOFOMO
- Refer 15 Subscribers: Get access to 3 Actionable (exclusive) SEO How-Tos / Tips Videos
- Refer 35 Subscribers: Get a free copy of The SEO Playbook by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 70 Subscribers: Get free access to the Google Search Console Mastery Course by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 100 Subscribers: Get a 1 hour SEO 1-1 Hangout with Aleyda, 1 SEOFOMO Mug and an SEOFOMO Hoodie
- Refer 500 Subscribers: Get a 2 hours SEO Q&A with Aleyda and an SEOFOMO Backpack
Here's your unique link to share #SEOFOMO: [RH_REFLINK GOES HERE]
Or share via: Twitter | Whatsapp | LinkedIn | Facebook | Email
You currently have [RH_TOTREF GOES HERE] referrals! Check more about your referrals and rewards here.
Note: Only real human referrals will be counted toward the rewards, and there will be a validation if suspicious activity is detected.
👀 Do you have Feedback?
As usual, if you want to give me any heads up of worthy SEO resources to include next week, you want to be featured, sponsored or any feedback on anything to improve in SEOFOMO, just reply to this email and let me know.
Until next week, keep safe, and remember, don't have FOMO, with SEOFOMO you'll always have SEO awesomeness in your inbox.