The November 5th, 2023, edition of SEOFOMO is here! Now with +29.8K Subscribers 📮
[If you want to read SEOFOMO on the Web click here]
🗞️ Search Updates and News from Search Engines
On November 2nd, Google released the November Core Update
Google Search Central / Google Search Updates
Google's November Core Update was released on November 2nd. The rollout may take up to 2 weeks to complete.
New Google Reviews Update Coming Next Week; It Will Be The Last Confirmed Reviews Update
Barry Schwartz / Google Search Updates
Google announced a new reviews update is going to roll out sometime next week and this new update will make the reviews update more real time. Thus Google will stop giving periodic notifications of improvements to its reviews system going forward.
Google says mobile-first indexing is complete after almost 7 years
Barry Schwartz / Google Search Updates
Google’s mobile-first indexing initiative that started just about seven years ago is now complete. Google also announced that it will be turning off the indexing crawler information in the settings page in Google Search Console.
Google: On October 31st a bug affecting Discover since the release of the October Core Update release was fixed
Google Search Central / Google Search Updates
On October 5, Google found a bug with their October 2023 core update affecting Discover, which was corrected on October 31st. Some sites may see an increase in Discover-related traffic, as a result.
Google Bard can now respond in real time
Barry Schwartz / Google Product Updates
Google Bard can now respond to your questions in real time. There is a setting to turn real-time response off, too.
Google Updates Video Structured Data Guidance
Roger Montti / Google Search Updates
Google updated the structured data related to the Video features rich results shown in Google search with new recommendations that influence the date and time the video was published.
7 must-see Google Search ranking documents in antitrust trial exhibits
Danny Goodwin / Google Search Q&A
The U.S. Department of Justice has released several new trial exhibits – including internal Google presentations, documents and emails related to ranking. Learn Google's three pillars of ranking, the important role of end user data, and more.
20 most profitable Google queries revealed during antitrust trial
Danny Goodwin / Google Search Q&A
Ever wondered which search queries drive the most revenue for Google? It turns out that iPhone, insurance and cheap flight queries drove the most revenue for Google in the US, at least for one week in September 2018.
Google To Recipe Bloggers: We've Heard Complaints, Ensure Key Parts Of Recipe Have Easy Access
Barry Schwartz / Google Search Q&A
Google's Search Liaison, Danny Sullivan, posted that he is aware of the complaints about recipe pages being too long and hard to find the ingredients and directions. He added that this is something content producers might want to keep in mind.
Bitter, cynical Verge article blames SEOs for ruining the internet
Danny Goodwin / Search Trends
What kind of publication would spend their time smearing an entire SEO industry for traffic and profit? The Verge.
[Sponsor / Affiliate]
⚡ Wix Studio - The web creation platform for agencies
Built specifically for agencies, Wix Studio is a new, end-to-end platform that lets you deliver exceptional client sites with max efficiency.
👌 This week's SEO Awesomeness
The contribution of SEO to The Verge and other news websites
Gianluca Fiorelli / Search Trends
The Verge published an article where SEOs are painted as the "bad guys" of the Web. But what has SEO done for The Verge and other tech magazines? Gianluca highlights it.
How Structured Data is paving the way for AI-generated Search
Alizée Baudez / Search Trends
A deep dive into the symbiotic relationship between structured data and AI, as gleaned from the Google Search Central Live Zürich 2023 event, highlighting its value for search engines and businesses.
The 3 Main Types of Google SGE Snapshots and Their Level of Traffic Risk for Ranked Pages
Yours Truly / Search Trends
We’re afraid of losing organic search traffic with the eventual launch of the SGE... but should we? Learn about the 3 main different types of Google SGE snapshots and how they carry a different level of risk to those pages already ranking in the top positions in organic search results.
How to Drive Traffic in Google Discover: The Ultimate Guide
Lily Ray / Discover Optimization
Lily shares actionable tips to navigate the evolving landscape of Google Discover to help boost your site's visibility.
A Marketer's Guide to Launching a UGC Strategy for SEO
Tory Gray / Content Optimization
Understand how to pull the UGC levers to support your SEO. Dive into this value-packed marketer’s guide to launching a UGC strategy for SEO by the amazing Tory Gray.
How to Fix the Blocked Due to Unauthorised Request (401) Error in Google Search Console
Ryan Jones / Technical SEO
Learn all about the "Blocked Due to Unauthorised Request (401)" error in Google Search Console: What it is, where to find impacted URLs, and how to fix it.
Affiliate SEO: We Analysed 10,000 Product Review Search Results to See Who Ranks
Glen Allsopp / Affiliate SEO
Read this insightful analysis of 10,000 search results populated by sites promoting products as an affiliate and learn which are the top brands that control the SERPs.
Programmatic SEO, Explained for Beginners
Ryan Law / SEO Automation
Programmatic SEO refers to the creation of keyword-targeted pages in an automatic (or near automatic) way. Learn how it works and how you can leverage it within your SEO strategy.
Google Has a Major Reddit Problem [Thread]
Spencer Haws / Content Optimization
Does Google want clout chasers providing the answers of the internet? Learn about Google's major Reddit problem.
How to Create Content Briefs (with 6 Templates)
Ryan Law / Content Optimization
If you want to publish more blog content, you need to create solid content briefs. Use these templates to get started.
How Google Changes Your Searches (A Study of 10,000 Queries)
Dr. Peter Meyers / Content Optimization
Uncover the intricacies of Google's search result modifications, revealing how Google strives to understand and meet searcher intent beyond literal keyword matches.
What GPT Means for Structured Data – Whiteboard Friday [Video]
Tom Anthony / SEO Trends
Tom explains how we're about to experience a paradigm shift where there's going to be an explosion in the amount of explicit context going into searches. Learn more about it and the SEO implications.
Good Signals' SEO Office Hours Live with Jo Turnbull [Video]
Google Signals / SEO Q&As
Watch Michael Chidzey with Jo Turnbull and more going through top SEO questions from the community in the new Good Signals' SEO Office Hours.
[Sponsor / Affiliate]
⚡ JetOctopus Google Search Console SEO Insight Extractor
JetOctopus has a state-of-the-art Google Search Console SEO Insight Extractor with more than hundreds of data sets and visualization charts.
- SERP dynamics: Watch the percentage change in impressions, clicks, CTR, active pages, and ranking in dynamics. Find out which URLs have grown or dropped over time.
- Keywords: View the performance of all the keywords, new and lost keywords, zero-click keywords along with winners and losers (by impressions, clicks. CTR, positions).
- Cannibalisation tools: To see the number of pages fighting for one query and understand if you are losing the conversions here.
- Positions: Visualize all your rankings by positions in one chart. You can play with the data by segments.
- Countries: Watch SERP efficiency by countries.
- Google News tools
- Google Discover tools
|Register for a free trial now|
💸 Latest SEO Jobs
- Senior Digital Content Executive at Gymshark
- Digital Content Executive at Gymshark
- Principal Product Manager, Organic Growth Platform at Realtor.com
- SEO Executive - German speaking at TravelPerk
- Inbound Marketing & SEO Content Lead at Holafly
- SEO Lead at Holafly
- Technical SEO Manager at Seer Interactive
- Senior SEO/CRO Strategist at Orbit Media Studios
- International SEO Manager at SurveyMonkey
- Senior SEO Analyst at CI Web Group
- SEO Content Manager (f/m/x) at AUTO1 Group
- SEO iGaming Content Manager & Proofreader at Gambling Digital Marketing
- SEO and Digital Programming Coordinator at Storm Ideas
Do you want your SEO job to be featured here for free? Just send it over here!
🛠 Free(mium) SEO Tools
Web Performance Report: Get a Web performance report every week in your inbox
Get a Personalized Report on the Status of the Website that you want to monitor in terms of Web performance and Web optimization, Core Web Vitals included.
Handpicked domains for your next side hustle, client project or startup.
Looking for more SEO Tools? Take a look at the recently launched SEOFOMO SEO Toolbox!
🎙️ Upcoming SEO Events
Auckland SEO Network Summer Meet-up at Something & Social
Nathan M. and Hemil T. / Auckland, New Zealand / November 9, 2023
An opportunity to meet with other SEO and digital marketing professionals based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Neurodivergents in SEO Meet-Up at BrightonSEO San Diego
Neurodivergents in SEO / San Diego, USA / November 9, 2023
The first US Neurodivergents in SEO meet-up will take place at BrightonSEO San Diego. This meet-up will provide an opportunity to meet in a safe space and help build that network of support that's much needed in a corporate world that hasn't been designed for neurodivergents.
Search Central Live Taipei 2023
Google Search Central / Taipei, Taiwan / December 6, 2023
For the first time ever, Search Central Live is going to Taipei. If you speak Mandarin fluently, join Search Central Live Taipei 2023 on December 6.
Do you want your SEO event to be featured here for free? Just send it over here!
[Sponsor / Affiliate]
⚡ New SGE featured snippet by SE Ranking: Be the first to test it out
Everyone has been excited since Google dropped the news about SGE, and we're feeling it too. We've been working hard to ensure that you can use our platform to track how your projects appear in SGE’s featured snippet. And guess what? We've got this feature in beta!
What's this feature all about?
Our AI-powered Overview feature is designed to identify instances when Google generates an SGE featured snippet using specific keywords and records its appearance in the SERP. It also tracks changes in the SERP, enabling you to monitor the history and alterations of SGE snippets.
We want to make sure you have tools that quickly adapt to every challenge the SEO world can throw at you.
If you want to be one of the early birds to try out our new SGE-focused feature, just fill out the form and join our waiting list.
|Join the Waitlist Now|
🎥 Learn How to do SEO for your WordPress site For Free with the LearningSEO.io Accelerator
Learn how to better optimize your WordPress based Website for free by watching the latest free LearningSEO.io accelerator session Q&A about WordPress SEO with Jono Alderson, Technical SEO Consultant.
You can also watch the previous Learning SEO Accelerator Q&As sessions:
- Introduction to SEO with Aleyda Solis
- Keyword Research with Andy Chadwick
- Competition Research with Jo Turnbull
- Content Optimization with Crystal Carter
- Technical Optimization with Geoff Kennedy
- Link Building with Bibi Raven
- SEO Auditing with Chris Green
- SEO Strategy with Tory Gray
- Setting SEO Goals with Kevin Gibbons
- Measuring SEO with Cyrus Shepard
- SEO Reporting with Sophie Brannon
- SEO Process Management with Judith Lewis
Subscribe to the LearningSEO.io YouTube channel and don't miss out on future editions about executing an SEO process, technical SEO, link building, and more!
🎁 Planning a Black Friday SEO Deal? Get Featured on SEOFOMO's Black Friday
SEOFOMO is planning a special section for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, featuring the best deals for SEOs in the newsletter and on the SEOFOMO hub.
Is your tool or service offering a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal for SEOs? Get featured for free.
|Submit your Black Friday Deal Now|
🙌 SEOs & Digital Marketers to Follow
Follow these awesome SEOs who have published useful guides and resources featured in SEOFOMO lately:
- Gianluca Fiorelli (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Strategic and International SEO senior consultant
- Tory (Lynne) Gray (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), CEO and Founder The Gray Dot Company
- Lily Ray (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Senior Director, SEO & Head of Organic Research at Amsive Digital
- Ryan Law (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Director of Content Marketing at Ahrefs
- Glen Allsopp (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Founder of Detailed
- Danny Goodwin (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Managing Editor Search Engine Land and SMX
- Myriam Jessier (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), SEO Consultant and Trainer, Founder of PRAGM
⚡ Participate in the SEOFOMO 30K Giveaway and Win Free Access to 15 SEO Tools & Resources
A new SEOFOMO giveaway is here to celebrate that the newsletter is about to reach 30,000 subscribers with the chance to win amazing SEO prizes for all of those who are subscribed and help the newsletter achieve this big subscriber milestone. This time there will be a single big winner of 15 useful SEO tools and resources!
What can you win?
The big winner of the SEOFOMO 30K giveaway will get the following awesome prizes thanks to the wonderful giveaway sponsors:
- SEOTesting is giving 1 Team Lifetime SEOTesting Subscription to Track 5 sites.
- Sitebulb is giving a 1 Small Cloud Server subscription for 6 months.
- Screaming Frog is giving a 1 year SEO Spider license.
- AlsoAsked is giving a 3 months of a Pro account.
- Advanced Web Ranking is giving an AWR PRO license for 6 months.
- Adam Gent from the SEO Case Study Database is giving 1 Free Access to it.
- SE Ranking is giving a 6 months of Pro 1000 account, 100 extra articles for the Content Marketing tool and a demo by the success team. The winner will also have access to the SE Ranking Academy during this period.
- Quattr is giving a 6 months Free Access of the Individual Plan.
- Keyword Insights is giving a 20% off a monthly subscription for the first 5 months or Get 20% off an annual subscription. (First-time customers only, monthly or annual subscription only, to be used by a single customer).
- Semrush is giving a free 6 months Pro access.
- Ahrefs is giving a free 6 Months Access to a Lite Account.
- Kyle Rushton from KRMDigital UK’s School is giving a 1 person lifetime access to the GA4 course.
- Keywords in Sheets is giving 52,500 credits to use Keywords in Sheets.
- Wordlift is giving a lifetime subscription for the SEO Addon for Google Spreadsheet (which includes also the new features, the Content Expander) and Business Plan for 6 months (which includes also the SEO Addon).
- Speetals is giving a Basic plan for 1 year.
How can you participate?
You can participate to win all of these prizes by:
- Being an SEOFOMO subscriber. You're likely one if you're reading this but if you're not yet a subscriber you can do it here.
- Referring at least 2 people to subscribe to SEOFOMO from September 28, 2023 (date in which the newsletter has 28.4K subscribers) until the newsletter reaches 30,000 subscribers by using the SEOFOMO referral system that you can find at the bottom of the newsletter, where a unique link to share SEOFOMO is provided for each of you, and that will be used to keep track of the subscribers you send.
When SEOFOMO reaches the 30K subscribers I will randomly choose the one big winner among those who are subscribed and have referred at least 2 subscribers between September 28, 2023 and the date the newsletter reaches the 30K subscribers.
Please, don’t try to cheat by sending fake referrals. I will identify and won’t take into consideration not real “human” subscribers. I reserve the right to block those who I find cheating.
Do you have any questions or doubts? Just let me know through this form.
Subscribe and refer SEOFOMO to win the SEOFOMO 30K Giveway!
🔭 More Digital Marketing News & Jobs? Read and Subscribe to MarketingFOMO
If you're looking to stay updated on other digital marketing areas beyond SEO, take a look at MarketingFOMO, the sister weekly newsletter of SEOFOMO, with +1.8K subscribers, featuring the latest in content marketing, digital PR, social media, paid search and more!
|Subscribe to MarketingFOMO For Free|
💪 This week's SEOFOMO Featured Supporters
A huge THANK YOU to loyal SEOFOMOers referring +5 subscribers:
- Freddie Chatt, Ecommerce SEO Consultant
... You rock 👏
If you want to be featured here, take a look below at the SEOFOMO rewards program.
💙 Refer SEOFOMO to your Friends & Win Rewards
If you enjoy reading SEOFOMO, refer it to your SEO and digital marketing friends and win awesome (now updated) rewards with the SEOFOMO rewards program:
- Refer 2 Subscribers: Get a shout-out on Twitter from Aleyda, thanking your support
- Refer 5 Subscribers: Get featured in the "Supporters" thank you section in an edition of #SEOFOMO
- Refer 15 Subscribers: Get access to 3 Actionable (exclusive) SEO How-Tos / Tips Videos
- Refer 35 Subscribers: Get a free copy of The SEO Playbook by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 70 Subscribers: Get free access to the Google Search Console Mastery Course by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 100 Subscribers: Get a 1 hour SEO 1-1 Hangout with Aleyda, 1 SEOFOMO Mug and an SEOFOMO Hoodie
- Refer 500 Subscribers: Get a 2 hours SEO Q&A with Aleyda and an SEOFOMO Backpack
Here's your unique link to share #SEOFOMO: [RH_REFLINK GOES HERE]
Or share via: Twitter | Whatsapp | LinkedIn | Facebook | Email
You currently have [RH_TOTREF GOES HERE] referrals! Check more about your referrals and rewards here.
Note: Only real human referrals will be counted toward the rewards, and there will be a validation if suspicious activity is detected.
👀 Do you have Feedback?
As usual, if you want to give me any heads up of worthy SEO resources to include next week, you want to be featured, sponsored or any feedback on anything to improve in SEOFOMO, just reply to this email and let me know.
Until next week, keep safe, and remember, don't have FOMO, with SEOFOMO you'll always have SEO awesomeness in your inbox.