The October 8, 2023, edition of SEOFOMO is here! Now with +28.7K Subscribers 📮
[If you want to read SEOFOMO on the Web click here]
🗞️ Search Updates & News from Search Engines
October 2023 Spam Update released on October 4
Google Search Central / Google Search Updates
“This spam update aims to clean up several types of spam that our community members reported in Turkish, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Hindi, Chinese, and other languages.”
October 2023 Core Update released on October 5
Google Search Central / Google Search Update
On October 5th, Google announced the rollout of its October 2023 core update, which will take around two weeks to be completed.
Google resolves indexing issue with new content after nearly 6 hours on Oct 5
Barry Schwartz / Google Product Updates
Google confirmed the issue on October 5 and said it delayed the indexing of newly published content between 10:30 AM PDT and 4:20 PM PDT.
Google Discover Documentation Updated
Roger Montti / Google Product Updates
Google Discover documentation was updated to include reasons why traffic from Discover can fluctuate and cannot be relied upon.
Microsoft Bing Chat: Now With DALL-E 3 AI Image Generator
Matt G. Southern / Microsoft Product Updates
Microsoft integrates OpenAI's advanced DALL-E 3 text-to-image model into Bing Chat and Bing Image Creator.
Microsoft CEO: AI will make Google more dominant
Danny Goodwin / Microsoft Search Q&A
Despite investing $100 billion in Bing, the search engine simply can't compete with Google due to its monopoly position, says Satya Nadella.
Ranking updates, structured data, and more! - Google Search News (October ‘23)
Google Search Central / Google Search Q&A
John Mueller is back with the latest updates in SEO on this October episode of Google Search News! Find out about the changes to search ranking systems, how foreign language sites are findable, future community events, and more.
[Sponsor / Affiliate]
⚡ Introducing the Site-Level SEO Assistant from Wix
Wix is making it easier for you to identify issues holding your site back on search. The Site-Level SEO Assistant generates automated SEO audits with prioritized actions, so you know exactly what to tackle first.
This tool also analyzes overall SEO health and provides tailored recommendations to help you stay on top of it—efficiently. With this feature, you can check tasks off as you complete them, so you’ve always got an up-to-date view of your progress.
|Learn more now|
👌 This week's SEO Awesomeness
Analysis: FAQ rich results show on 17% of Google SERPs, down from 54%
Danny Goodwin / Search Trends
FAQs rich results mostly only show for well-known, authoritative websites – but it's still possible to earn them.
The State of Content SERPs: A 250,000 Keyword Analysis
Glen Allsopp / Search Trends
Do sites owned by large media companies attain more first-place rankings than independent Websites? Glen has run a research to assess it.
How to Survive and Thrive in a Google Helpful Content World
Casey Markee / Content Optimization
Was your website impacted by Google's latest helpful content update? Learn how to assess, adapt and recover with these top seven tips.
Case Study: How Our Client Gained During Helpful Content Update September 2023
Adam Riemer / Content Optimization
In each of these cases no content changes were done to make things more “helpful”, but each of these sites gained and followed the same patterns. Sounds weird right? It shouldn’t if you look at what the helpful content update is designed to reward and demote.
SXO: What is it and why merging SEO with UX matters?
Sara Fernández Carmona / Page Experience
What is SXO? Find out what Search Experience Optimization is and why you should combine SEO and UX.
How to do a quick SEO accessibility check
Maria Georgieva / Accessibility
Explore 10 accessibility elements that ensure inclusivity for all users while influencing your site's search visibility.
How to optimize for product-first results in retail Google SERPs
Meghan Kennedy / Ecommerce SEO
Adapt your SEO approach for retail SERPs, and explore the importance of unique product content, dynamic schema, and teamwork with paid search.
Data-Driven AI: The Solution For Generating People-Oriented Search Content
Dani Pinillos / Content Optimization
Data-driven AI is a type of generative AI that generates content based on user search data. Learn how it works and how it can be leveraged to create people-oriented content that is optimized.
Link Building Outreach Guide For Beginners
Kevin Rowe / Link Building
This guide contains the fundamentals for a non-spammy approach to link building outreach and details on running campaigns with link building tools.
How To Test Your Website Speed With Google Lighthouse
DebugBear / Page Experience
Use Google Lighthouse & enhance your website's speed with this detailed guide to take action for a fast user experience.
Making Industry Landing Pages Engaging for B2B Companies – Whiteboard Friday [Video]
Jason Dodge / Content Optimization
Learn how to transform your industry landing pages into powerful sales enablement tools for B2B success. Discover the key strategies to bridge the gap between search relevance and customer expectations in this Whiteboard Friday.
[Sponsor / Affiliate]
⚡ How to Promote Your Agency to Get Better Clients, a brand-new course designed for agencies by SE Ranking
Discover how to stand out in a saturated agency market.
What makes this course so special? Amazing Myriam Jessier and her unique expertise in running a boutique agency.
“You do not win on price. If price is your unique selling point or the reason why people will go with you for this specific contractor mandate, chances are it's a race to the bottom.” – Myriam Jessier
Inside this course, there won't be any boring theoretical stuff, only real-life examples, practical tips, and proven strategies that work in the real world.
|Get your early access now|
💸 Latest SEO Jobs
- SEO Specialist at PHNTM
- SEO Writer at Blavity
- Sr. Specialist, Digital Media at Amsive
- SEO Analyst at FullStory
- International SEO Manager at SurveyMonkey
- SEO Director at Digital Silk
- SEO Manager at Raketech
- SEO Executive - iGaming at Finixio
- SEO Specialist at Toptal
- SEO Executive at Revolut
- Director of Editorial Content at DataCamp
- Content Strategist at Electronic Arts
- Content Marketing Manager at Memgraph
Do you want your SEO job to be featured here for free? Just send it over here!
🛠 Free(mium) SEO Tools
SEO Daily News Report
A useful Looker Studio that updates every hour to feature the latest SEO news from known publishers in one place, filtered by author and topics.
Google Suggest Keyword Tool V1
This tool will mine Google suggestions for all alphabetical variations, as well as terms around Can, How, Where, Versus and For.
Looking for more SEO Tools? Take a look at the recently launched SEOFOMO SEO Toolbox!
🎙️ Upcoming SEO Events
International Search Summit in Barcelona
ISS / Barcelona / November 16, 2023
The International Search Summit is the only event to focus exclusively on international SEO and paid search topics – and it’s back in Barcelona on 16th November. 3 tracks, over 30 speakers, 2 parties, a sea-view venue and delicious food! Early Bird tickets are now on sale – and you can save a further 10% with the code SEOFOMO10.
SearchNorwich / Norwich / October 18, 2023
SearchNorwich is back on the 18th of October at Fuel Studios for an engaging evening in the heart of Norwich's digital marketing community.
Remote LondonSEO Meetup
Blue Array / Virtual / 12th October
Blue Array is hosting another LondonSEO Meetup on the 12th of October. This event will be virtual, featuring Abby Mawhinney, Sara Taher, and Montse Cano. Register now!
Do you want your SEO event to be featured here for free? Just send it over here!
[Sponsor / Affiliate]
- Page can’t be fully rendered
- Incomplete content
- Lost internal links
- Different content for User-agents
- SSR is broken
- SSR misses some content
- Changed titles, meta descriptions by JS
- Indexation management is changed and the page is not crawled by Googlebot
If you don't monitor JS you definitely lose SEO opportunities! You need the tools to analyze the correctness of JS. We offer you the visualised JS tools which will mark all JS errors and you'll get the exact how-to fix reports. The developers will love it!
Please, use the extended 14-days free trial to find JS errors. Don't forget to use promo code Aleyda.
|More about JetOctopus JS tools|
🎥 Learn How to Measure SEO For Free with the LearningSEO.io Accelerator
Are you learning about how to measure the SEO process or want to refresh your knowledge about the topic? Watch the latest free LearningSEO.io accelerator session Q&A about measuring SEO with Cyrus Shepard, SEO Consultant and Founder of Zippy.
You can also watch the previous Learning SEO Accelerator Q&As sessions:
- Introduction to SEO with Aleyda Solis
- Keyword Research with Andy Chadwick
- Competition Research with Jo Turnbull
- Content Optimization with Crystal Carter
- Technical Optimization with Geoff Kennedy
- Link Building with Bibi Raven
- SEO Auditing with Chris Green
- SEO Strategy with Tory Gray
- Setting SEO Goals with Kevin Gibbons
Subscribe to the LearningSEO.io YouTube channel and don't miss out on future editions about executing an SEO process, technical SEO, link building, and more!
🙌 SEOs & Digital Marketers to Follow
Follow these amazing SEOs who support and collaborate with SEOFOMO:
- Julia Nesterets (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), CEO of JetOctopus.com
- Sara Fernández Carmona (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), International SEO Consultant
- Aymen Loukil (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Founder & CEO at Speetals
- Adam Gent (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Independent SEO Product Manager & Author of The SEO Sprint
- Andrew Charlton (X/Twitter, LinkedIn), Founder at Crawl Consultancy and Keywords in Sheets
⚡ Participate in the SEOFOMO 30K Giveaway and Win Free Access to 15 SEO Tools & Resources
A new SEOFOMO giveaway is here to celebrate that the newsletter is about to reach 30,000 subscribers with the chance to win amazing SEO prizes for all of those who are subscribed and help the newsletter achieve this big subscriber milestone. This time there will be a single big winner of 15 useful SEO tools and resources!
What can you win?
The big winner of the SEOFOMO 30K giveaway will get the following awesome prizes thanks to the wonderful giveaway sponsors:
- SEOTesting is giving 1 Team Lifetime SEOTesting Subscription to Track 5 sites.
- Sitebulb is giving a 1 Small Cloud Server subscription for 6 months.
- Screaming Frog is giving a 1 year SEO Spider license.
- AlsoAsked is giving a 3 months of a Pro account.
- Advanced Web Ranking is giving an AWR PRO license for 6 months.
- Adam Gent from the SEO Case Study Database is giving 1 Free Access to it.
- SE Ranking is giving a 6 months of Pro 1000 account, 100 extra articles for the Content Marketing tool and a demo by the success team. The winner will also have access to the SE Ranking Academy during this period.
- Quattr is giving a 6 months Free Access of the Individual Plan.
- Keyword Insights is giving a 20% off a monthly subscription for the first 5 months or Get 20% off an annual subscription. (First-time customers only, monthly or annual subscription only, to be used by a single customer).
- Semrush is giving a free 6 months Pro access.
- Ahrefs is giving a free 6 Months Access to a Lite Account.
- Kyle Rushton from KRMDigital UK’s School is giving a 1 person lifetime access to the GA4 course.
- Keywords in Sheets is giving 52,500 credits to use Keywords in Sheets.
- Wordlift is giving a lifetime subscription for the SEO Addon for Google Spreadsheet (which includes also the new features, the Content Expander) and Business Plan for 6 months (which includes also the SEO Addon).
- Speetals is giving a Basic plan for 1 year.
How can you participate?
You can participate to win all of these prizes by:
- Being an SEOFOMO subscriber. You're likely one if you're reading this but if you're not yet a subscriber you can do it here.
- Referring at least 2 people to subscribe to SEOFOMO from September 28, 2023 (date in which the newsletter has 28.4K subscribers) until the newsletter reaches 30,000 subscribers by using the SEOFOMO referral system that you can find at the bottom of the newsletter, where a unique link to share SEOFOMO is provided for each of you, and that will be used to keep track of the subscribers you send.
When SEOFOMO reaches the 30K subscribers I will randomly choose the one big winner among those who are subscribed and have referred at least 2 subscribers between September 28, 2023 and the date the newsletter reaches the 30K subscribers.
Please, don’t try to cheat by sending fake referrals. I will identify and won’t take into consideration not real “human” subscribers. I reserve the right to block those who I find cheating.
Do you have any questions or doubts? Just let me know through this form.
Subscribe and refer SEOFOMO to win the SEOFOMO 30K Giveway!
🔭 More Digital Marketing News & Jobs? Read and Subscribe to MarketingFOMO
If you're looking to stay updated on other digital marketing areas beyond SEO, take a look at MarketingFOMO, the sister weekly newsletter of SEOFOMO, with +1.7K subscribers, featuring the latest in content marketing, digital PR, social media, paid search and more!
|Subscribe to MarketingFOMO For Free|
💙 Refer SEOFOMO to your Friends & Win Rewards
If you enjoy reading SEOFOMO, refer it to your SEO and digital marketing friends and win awesome (now updated) rewards with the SEOFOMO rewards program:
- Refer 2 Subscribers: Get a shout-out on Twitter from Aleyda, thanking your support
- Refer 5 Subscribers: Get featured in the "Supporters" thank you section in an edition of #SEOFOMO
- Refer 15 Subscribers: Get access to 3 Actionable (exclusive) SEO How-Tos / Tips Videos
- Refer 35 Subscribers: Get a free copy of The SEO Playbook by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 70 Subscribers: Get free access to the Google Search Console Mastery Course by Tomek Rudzki
- Refer 100 Subscribers: Get a 1 hour SEO 1-1 Hangout with Aleyda, 1 SEOFOMO Mug and an SEOFOMO Hoodie
- Refer 500 Subscribers: Get a 2 hours SEO Q&A with Aleyda and an SEOFOMO Backpack
Here's your unique link to share #SEOFOMO: [RH_REFLINK GOES HERE]
Or share via: Twitter | Whatsapp | LinkedIn | Facebook | Email
You currently have [RH_TOTREF GOES HERE] referrals! Check more about your referrals and rewards here.
Note: Only real human referrals will be counted toward the rewards, and there will be a validation if suspicious activity is detected.
👀 Do you have Feedback?
As usual, if you want to give me any heads up of worthy SEO resources to include next week, you want to be featured, sponsored or any feedback on anything to improve in SEOFOMO, just reply to this email and let me know.
Until next week, keep safe, and remember, don't have FOMO, with SEOFOMO you'll always have SEO awesomeness in your inbox.